Monday, December 22, 2008

update

So life has been pretty intense lately. My aunt Kristi got re diagnosed with her cancer. It's really bad. I think there is only one treatment option. If she doesn't try that, they are giving her only 9 months. She has two little kids. A daughter Courtney, who is 12 and a son Carson who is 9. The kids are taking it rather well. And last Friday I had Courtney and our cousin Sydney over who is also 12. We just all hung out, ate popcorn and watched a couple movies. But I feel as the oldest cousin on that side, that I really need to step up my game and make sure that these kids know that I'm there for them. Especially Courtney. Sense I lost my mom at 13, I know exactly what she is going through, and what she will go through, if worst comes to worst. So all I can do is have faith that everything will turn out the way it should.

Courtney, Sydney and me

2 comments:

Michelle said...

awww! you are such a great big cousin!

Katie said...

I am so sorry for your aunt, I got your text and have been praying. My aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer last month so I understand your feelings. You are great to help your cousin out!