Thursday, September 25, 2008

Family

I have been lucky enough to have grown up with my great grandparents. I have loved every min I have spent with them. They met when they were teenagers. Married, and had 5 (one deceased) beautiful kids. They immigrated to the US in the late 1940's from Switzerland, and they still have their accents. While I was growing up my great-grandpa was the president of the swiss temple. I remember when my grandparents would leave for months at a time, I didn't really comprehend what they were doing in Switzerland. I just remember when they came back I would get the best chocolates! When I was 14 I wanted to get my patriarchal blessing. This was a real treat for me, because my great-grandpa was a patriarch. So I was lucky and privilege enough to get my patriarchal blessing from my great-grandpa. Not many people can say that. Last Saturday was his 90th birthday party. So I decided to post some pics from that day. Enjoy.


Me and my great grandparents-


Me and my grandma-

Kayla and my aunt Kari-

My boy cousins-



My great grandma and I-



My girl cousins. They are cute-

Again..they are cute-


My great grandpa and I-

My grandpa and me-


Me and my daddy-


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family. How rare that you got to know your great grandparents not just as a child but they're still in your life. I'm glad you wrote about this because I need to appreciate my own family more. We get caught up in petty differences but you don't realize how much you will miss them when they're not just a phone call or town away.

Scooby and Jon said...

yay for Family! and Hah! I commented, and you still haven't, so what do you think about that, eh?

Michelle said...

what a cute family!! all of your grandparents look so young!!

Steph said...

How lucky are you???